Claire’s expertise in education spans more than 25 years and, during this time, she has become the trusted, results-driven, “go to” education consultant.
Claire worked as a primary school teacher in London and Sussex, before moving to Yorkshire where she was an advisory teacher for the Centre for Industry Education Collaboration working with schools in Bradford.
Claire’s connection with Bradford deepened as she became Science Consultant for primary schools with Bradford LA for 12 years, before starting Teaching from the Heart consultancy. Claire is also a governor at one of the very first Bradford schools she worked with.
The schools that Claire has worked with praise her as being approachable, professional, no nonsense and, ultimately, an effective education advisor that has lead to supporting them raising standards.
Year in, year out, Claire is very much considered part of the improvement strategies of the schools she works for.
Claire’s Approach at your School
Claire creates a safe, creative space that promotes exploration, participation and enthusiasm.
She builds confidence to promote a sense of purpose which aligns leaders, teachers and support staff to the school values. They are then empowered to deliver the very best learning experience possible for children.
Teaching from the Heart is based around five key principles.
- Collaboration – Facilitating school leaders to allow their expertise, insights, and aspirations to surface. Supporting them to make these ambitions a reality.
- Creativity – Training, motivating and inspiring teachers and children to find the fun and put the creativity back into teaching and learning.
- Clarity – Bringing clarity to often over complicated processes, removing barriers to progress and drilling down to what is important. Providing solutions that are simple and proven to work.
- Challenge – Working alongside teachers to provide highly focused, high-quality support and challenge to improve their teaching and learning.
- Coaching – Effective coaching techniques to help both new or more experienced middle leaders improve their confidence and effectiveness.