Who is Claire Holt?
With over 25 years in Education, Claire is an experienced and skilled education consultant who uses her expertise to help schools raise standards.
Claire believes there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to helping schools achieve their overall vision of an education setting. Instead, she collaborates with leaders to create tailored solutions that align with their core values.
Solution focussed and considered a trusted and invaluable member of the team by many head teachers; Claire is a strategic thinker who provides clear and simple guidance to education theory and school processes.
Through her open, creative, heart-centred approach to teaching and learning Claire has a proven track record of drawing the best out of teachers. Helping staff at all levels develop confidence, clarity, and effectiveness in their roles.
Claire worked as a primary teacher in London and Sussex, before moving to Yorkshire where she was an advisory teacher for the Centre for Industry Education Collaboration working with schools in Bradford. Claire’s connection with Bradford deepened as she became Science Consultant for primary schools with Bradford LA for 12 years, before starting Teaching from the Heart consultancy. Claire is a governor at one of the very first schools she worked with in Bradford.
What is Teaching from the Heart?
Claire’s mission is to create safe, creative spaces that promotes understanding, participation, and enthusiasm.
This approach fosters insight and intuition within staff, builds confidence and promotes a sense of purpose. It helps align leaders, teachers, and support staff to the school values so they can deliver the best learning experience possible for students.
Teaching from the Heart is based around five key principles.
- Collaboration – Facilitating school leaders to allow their expertise, insights, and aspirations to surface. Supporting them to make these ambitions a reality.
- Creativity – Training, motivating and inspiring teachers and pupils to find the fun and put the creativity back into teaching and learning.
- Clarity – Bringing clarity to often-overcomplicated processes, removing barriers to progress and drilling down to what is important. Providing solutions that are simple and proven to work.
- Challenge – Working alongside teachers to provide highly focused, high-quality support and challenge to improve their teaching and learning.
- Coaching – Use effective coaching techniques to help new and middle leaders improve their confidence and effectiveness.
Contact Claire to find out how she can help your school today.